From Diablo Wiki
"Normal" can refer to several things in Diablo 3 and Reaper of Souls, either as the official in-game name, or the conversational terminology of players.
- Normal is the name of the lowest difficulty setting in Diablo 3 version 2 and Reaper of Souls. This is the default difficulty setting and offers no bonuses to item drop rate, exp or gold, etc.
- Normal (or regular) was also the lowest, basic level of difficulty in Diablo 1, Diablo 2, and Diablo 3 before the D3v2 difficulty system makeover.
- Normal refers to item quality. Plain, non-magical white items are often referred to as "Normal" or "Regular" items.
- Normal (or regular) refers to the third rank of gems.
- Normal may also refer to the basic form of active skills, as opposed to the rune effect forms that players use 99% of the time.
Other uses exist.